We’re SO happy to share with you all a little styled shoot we did last fall!
Now that this shoot has been published on Wedding Day Magazine (a BIG thanks to the team over at Wedding Day who put together a lovely write-up about this styled shoot!) we can share with all of you this “Styled 1st Anniversary Shoot” we did last fall at the beautiful White Willow Farms, located on the North side of Indianapolis. We really wanted to incorporate the amazing Midwest fall weather & colors into this styled shoot without it screaming “fall!” and took inspiration from the rich colors that are associated with the season like the deep reds, mustard yellows, and the warm tones. It was a fun project for us to take on, to style and try some new ideas and locations that we might not necessarily be able to execute on an actual wedding day. It’s great to have an idea of what you want to pull off and what the final vision might be, but for us, the unknown is sometimes even a bit more exciting! It ended up being pretty chilly on the day of, and we had some wind to deal with, but as you can see…the chilly weather made Kendra & David cuddle up that much closer, so it was a win/win!
We wanted something that was modern but also timeless. It was most important to focus on their connection and too much on trends. That enables us showcase the love & bond they share.
We were so happy to work with Courtney Wiley from Violets are Blue. We chatted about the inspiration and the style of the shoot…then she worked her magic. I mentioned in one of our conversations that I loved the texture and color of eucalyptus, again, adding texture and nuances from our non-traditional fall theme. It’s more of a traditional bouquet, but we added a playful element with the ribbon, which gave it that unique touch.
Being that it was an anniversary shoot, we wanted to have something “sweet” for Kendra & David and tried to think outside the box of a traditional cake and came up with the idea of an anniversary pie! With the added bunting banner “US”, made by myself, it became a fresh twist on the usual take of a wedding cake top layer. Also, who doesn’t love a mini-pie?!
We’re so super grateful to the wonderful team of vendors that got on board for this idea and who so graciously shared their talent with us! Make sure to check out the Wedding Day Magazine write up and follow ALL of these awesome vendors!
- Photography, Design Concept, & Planning | openField photography | @openfield_photography
- Venue | White Willow Farms | @whitewillowfarms
- Models | Kendra & David Schlecht | @kendra_schlecht
- Hair & Make-Up | Something Blue Stylists | makeup by Andi Sherman @somethingbluestylists | hair by Alicia Leming @alicialeminghair
- Florals | Violets are Blue | @vabindyflorals
- Pie | The Fresh Market | @thefreshmarket
- Grooms shirt & bowtie | Zara | @zara
- Brides dress & shoes | ASOS |@asos
- Anthropologie | pie plate, sunshine card, quartz coasters | @anthropologie
- Ribbon used for bouquet | Ling’s Moment (via Amazon) | @lingsmoment